Little League® is an international pastime that has been a fabric of societies throughout the world for over 75 years. Since its founding in 1939 by Carl Stotz, Little League has instilled leadership, character, courage and loyalty in all that participate, including the nearly 1.5 million adult volunteers. Little League can be found in more than 80 countries worldwide with more than 2.4 million children participating each year. Little League has celebrated many milestones due to the dedication of its players, parents and volunteers.
Upper Loudoun Little League (established in 1961) provides children ages 4 to 12 yrs old living in western Loudoun County the opportunity to learn and play baseball in a safe environment – with a focus on good sportsmanship, honesty, loyalty, courage and respect for authority.
Located in Western Loudoun County in Virginia, Upper Loudoun Little League (ULLL) is made of four primary areas:
- Hamilton / Purcellville North Area -- Primarily composed of players from Zip Codes in and surrounding the towns of Hamilton, Paeonian Springs, and Waterford; and Zip Codes in and surrounding the towns of Hillsboro, Neersville, and players living in the town of Purcellville but north of business VA Rt 7
- Lovettsville Area -- Primarily composed of players from Zip Codes in and surrounding the town of Lovettsville
- Purcellville South Area -- Primarily composed of players from Zip Codes in and surrounding the towns of Bluemont, Lincoln, Middleburg, Philomont and players living in the town of Purcellville but south of business VA Rt 7
- Round Hill Area -- Primarily composed of players from Zip Codes in and surrounding the town of Round Hill
Upper Loudoun Little League is a member of Little League International's SouthEastern Region, and is inside Virginia's District 16.
Upper Loudoun Little League is actually in fact two (2) leagues:
- Upper Loudoun American Little League (League ID: 034-603-05; made up of the Purcellville South and Round Hill Areas)
- Upper Loudoun National Little League (League ID: 034-603-20; made up of the Hamilton / Purcellville North and Lovettsville)
Both leagues are managed by the Upper Loudoun Little League board (for more information on the ULLL board members, click here).